Health & Wellness
The Health & Wellness Project is concerned with promoting healthy living among our LGBT population. To that end we are engaged in different activities to reduce barriers to health and wellness services. One of these activities is the establishment of the LGBT Health and Wellness Online Provider List for Louisiana. The Provider List is an internet database housed in the Forum’s website listing healthcare and wellness providers who are LGBT themselves or are LGBT-affirming. Not only will this help LGBT individuals better access healthcare services, but it will also be a way for healthcare and wellness providers to expand their patient/client base.
1. Develop and maintain a Health and Wellness Online Provider List for Louisiana.
2. Link our members with services provided by the Louisiana Wellness Center Project, a state-funded resource for the LGBT community.
3. Work with healthcare organizations to fully comply with inclusive non-discrimination standards by disseminating information on hospital ratings and by offering training to staff on compliance with these standards.
How can you help?
1. Sign up as a health & wellness provider, or encourage your provider to sign up for the Provider List by completing and returning the application. Download the application here. Return application to email@example.com or FAX to (504) 523-8522.
2. Join the Health & Wellness Committee. Contact Roger Schimberg (see contact information below)
Looking for HIV/AIDS treating physicians and services in Louisiana?
Contact the HIV/AIDS resources sites sponsored by the Delta Region AIDS Education and training center here
Looking for HIV/AIDS services offered by the Louisiana Office of Public Health?
For more information on our Health & Wellness project contact:
Health & Wellness Committee Chair