Development & Special Events
The Forum For Equality relies on individual contributions and grants to accomplish its mission. To that end, our Fund Development & Special Events Committee develops overall fund-raising strategy initiatives and specific fund raising campaigns. As a Committee of the Board of Directors, this committee helps the Board develop and seek philanthropic gifts. It also establishes the charitable contribution goals for the annual budget and devises the annual fund development plan to be adapted and executed by the Board. The chair of the committee is primarily responsible for engaging the Board in strategic decision-making regarding philanthropy and fund development. Member of the committee help cultivate relationships with potential donors and help with fund-raising events.
An important function of the Fund Development & Special Events Committee is to identify potential member of the Equality Club and develop enduring membership in the Club.
We invite you to join this important committee. Contact Susan Levingston, Chair of the Committee (contact information below).
1. Identify potential donors in the community and initiate contacts.
2. identify potential member of, and develop enduring membership in the Equality Club.
3. Identify and develop marketing materials to engage individual donors.
4. Establish charitable contributions goals for the annual budget and devise an annual fund development plan.
5. Develop and hold special fund-raising events.
Objectives for 2011
1. Recruit a marketing firm and/or volunteer to help with Fund Development and Marketing.
2. Increase and sustain membership in the Equality Club.
3. Plan and hold at least two major fund-raising events.
Chair of the Fund Development and Special Events Committee
504-443-3090 or Susan.Levingston@forumforequality.org