Forum For Equality Foundation
The Forum For Equality Foundation is concerned with the welfare of Louisiana’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) population. The mission and purpose of the Foundation is to achieve full equality for Louisiana’s LGBT persons by educating Louisiana’s citizens about issues affecting the LGBT community, advocating for fair and equal treatment of LGBT citizens and promoting the health and well being of the LGBT community.
In order to achieve our goals we engages in educational and advocacy activities, or active support for a cause, idea, or policy. We pursue our activities within the definition of the IRS code section 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, and in accordance with local, state, and federal laws. Our activities are conducted by both LGBT persons and straight allies. The foundation is supported through individual donations, grants and corporate sponsorship.
What we do:
- Educate on the importance of employment protections through our statewide municipal advocacy projects
- Seminars on Estate Planning, Financial Planning, and Domestic Partnership Benefits
- Diversity Training for Government Agencies, Corporations and Non-Profit Organization
- Annual Acclaim Awards honoring those dedicated to LGBT Equality
- Educating Public Officials on Safe Schools, Employment Non-discrimination, Second Parent Adoption, and Domestic Partnership
- Outreach and Engagement of Students and the Faith Community,
- Health and Wellness Projects such as the Statewide LGBT Provider List, Public Education on HIV/AIDS Prevention, and Promotion of Healthy Living Among the LGBT Population.
Join the Forum For Equality Equality Club!
You can also call SarahJane Brady, FFE Executive Director, at 504-569-9156 or email her at SarahJane.Brady@forumforequality.com to get more information about joining the Equality Club and sponsoring one of our projects. Thank you for supporting us!